Sportivo Coupe Concept

Mafix

sweet car but sadly reminds me of the celica and supra concepts and untimatly will meet the same demise i think.

shadowlife25

Swing-wing doors add street cred to the design :laugh:

Nice enough in the concept stage. Unfortunately, I think Mafix is right :(

chaos_cascade

Key design elements include a speedometer in which the speed limit always occupies the 12 o'clock position.

If that's the key design element... I'll pass. I don't know how they can continue to ignore the need for a hardtop compact rwd though.

Terracar

chaos_cascade":zf9vrdp2 said:
Key design elements include a speedometer in which the speed limit always occupies the 12 o'clock position.

If that's the key design element... I'll pass. I don't know how they can continue to ignore the need for a hardtop compact rwd though.

As long as people by the econoslushbox Camry with lawn edging glued to it with a Sport Edition badge.

Sadly in the end Toyota is still a business and it seems as though many have really lost their soul and only care what the paper says.

Oddly sort of offtopic - man Toyota went nuts on the Alltrac in the early 90s - 'rolla, Camry, Celica (thank god), Previa.

-Terracar

darthripley

Terracar":x7mz80x1 said:
Oddly sort of offtopic - man Toyota went nuts on the Alltrac in the early 90s - 'rolla, Camry, Celica (thank god), Previa.

don't forget the Supra and overseas the Chaser and the little turbo'd Vitz was nifty too.
the doors on that concept remind me of the Sera, a bit obscure but also part of the 90s lineup.

kayoticsera.jpg

sera3.jpg

i have a Sera all tooted out to like 300-400hp in Gran Turismo that i really love ... and yes i am a weirdo! :twisted:

darthripley

sorry, i just noticed terracar was referencing the Alltrac lineup of the 90s
that's what 3 hrs of sleep total over several days will do to me :twisted:

the doors do look like the Sera though so i did get in half of a meaningful comment :oops:

Toxygene

That is one ugly car.... The front fenders look like some cheap wide-body kit. The front end looks like my electric shaver and the idea of the doors swinging out is so dated... I would be glad if they kill this.

Damn.. come on Toyota... it's not that hard to make a simple, clean looking, rwd coupe. They could even do what other car manufacturers have done by modernizing some of their classic cars.

A classic 70's Celica updated the same way the Mustang and Camaro were.
I'd really love a modernized version of the Toyota 2000GT.