Need help: Vacuum pipes

AvivB

Hi all,

As some of you may read before, I'm installing RC engine in ST182...

The project is almost done but I've left with 2 small vacuum pipes that I'm not sure where they should go.

The 2 pipes are very small ones, coming out from the bottom side of the intake manifold on the right side (timing belt side).

I assume one of them goes to the on the valves cover top, right?
Where the 2nd one goes?

Thanks.

LegacyofDan

ST185pinjo":xlm3gzc0 said:
thank you :D

but yeah post pics, that will help out BUNCHS! if you can of course, or like try to look at other peoples pics on here to find what you are talking about :)

ST185pinjo

I don't have pics of it.

I just dropped my engine, and rebuild my PS-pump. On the one end of the PS-pump, there is a plastic cover that is spliced in two separate pipes. I do know that there are two vacuem lines going there form the intake manifold.

Corey

Im guessing Power steering pump also

0304080215small.JPG

AvivB

Thanks for trying but it is not the power steering pump...
Much smaller pipes (4mm?)

I'll try to upload some photos tomorrow but in the meanwhile I use Corey Darling photo...
On the other side of the manifold in the area of the red mark, 2 very small pipes.

0304080215small.jpg

Thanks.

Attachments

• 0304080215small.JPG
    0304080215small.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 4

AvivB

Thanks for the picture...
Those are the two...
Someone know for sure where they go to?

sany1029.jpg

Attachments

• SANY1029.jpg
    SANY1029.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 0

RedCelicaTRD

The one with the inline filter is for the goes to the VSV on the firewall if I remember right, the other to the fuel pressure regulator.

Dan was half right, since the one with the filter goes to the turbo pressure sensor on the st165.