Pennsylvania French Creek/Sonic PICS PAGE 7!!!

LegacyofDan

EDIT:

esracing
mafix
shaggs00
Legacyofdan
mx6er2587
turbolean

the not 100% sure people:

Wicked Toys
the special
siralys
Balagast
fox21alpha

weather looks to be:
(updated at 11/17/0Cool
partly cloudy
high of 45 degrees(ugh)

plan:
November 23 2008
12:00
Sonic
address:
850 Crossings Blvd
Morgantown, PA 19520
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Morga ... code=19520

hang out, eat and drink the amazing sonic drinks!(they are banging good), wait for everyone to show up

go for a brief cruise

roll up to french creek(the scenery is really nice right now, still has a nice fall look to everything, i hope its not too winter-ish when we arrive)

take car pics

go for the final cruise

end up back at sonic

say goodbyes

and then go home and talk about the day on the forum lol.

any questions or comments feel free to ask.

Original Post:
So i have noticed a large increase of North Eastern tracs appearing on the board, more specifically in the general area of PA. So i was wondering how large the interest is on having a meet before the first snow?

i would of course prefer it to be some where in Pennsylvania...but hey, i got the A/T working and running, just need to get the brakes going, so i def interested in having a meet soon :)

but with that suggested, who else wants to have a meet? any ideas where?

basically i'm posting this more as an idea getter and interest thread :)

side note: there is a nice park near where i live thats somewhat right off from the turnpike, French Creek is what its called...it could be a nice place to have a meet...and then their is a sonic like a couple miles up the road, and alot of ppl have car meets there too(mostly American muscle heads, i saw A/C Cobra replica, mad sick!)

mx6er2587

french creak wouldn't be a bad place for a meet. Its a haul for me though. It would be nice to see something more towards the middle of the state though.

LegacyofDan

throw out ideas man, hense why i made this thread, it would be great to see alot of ppl show up, and there are a number of Maryland tracs too and a few jersey ones as well so just trying to keep that in mind...but i must admit, when i said french creek i was trying to make my drive minimal :p...but it has a nice lake view and we can park our tracs around it, so long as no one is parked and yeah....its pretty view, not a great big lake but its nice...but any ideas at other places?...personally i really dont want to be the one to arrange all this since i never have before, but hey u learn by doing...lol...

Mafix

a bunch of us are in the rockville area so somewhere close to there would yeild the best results. most guys get shy around a 2 hour drive.

LegacyofDan

alright...hmmm well...bored at work right now soo...

to be frank i'm kinda stuck in the middle right now...lol between p-burg ppl and maryland ppl...sooooo if people are interested in my sonic/french creek meet and greet here are more details...

basically its very easy to find and get to...if u know of the PA turnpike, route 76...then life should be good for ya, its not tough

the blue route represent going from the pa turnpike to french creek, and the red route represents going from Sonic to french creek....this should give an idea of driving distance
map1.jpg

there is where i figure we can park and chill for a while take "Scenic pictures" and fun shit like that...i really would love a cool new background and some cool pics of my car with its fellow tracs :p, as u can see there is a lil park, and there is that wrap around turn thing and i figure that would look cool with all our tracs parked around it
map2.jpg

for those who dont know what sonic is:
http://www.sonicdrivein.com/
here is a pic, there is a huge empty parking lot right beside it, that i always see mustangs, chevelles, chargers etc...so why not change up the view a bit with some good ol' WRC champs :p
map4.jpg

from rockville its about 2.5 hour drive(obeying the speed limit)
from philly its no more than 45 mins...dependent on traffic tho!
from pittsburgh...sorry mx6...umm...well...over a 4 hour drive...i would suggest somewhere in harrisburg or which would make that into a 2 hour drive for ya, but then that makes it into a serioussss drive for all the md and philly people

any ideas?
suggestions?
comments?
what do u guys think?
i will want to talk to the people at sonic first since they may b d-bags, idk, depends, but i think they will let us

edit:

i just got done marketing(cough spamming) this thread out...i really hope we can assemble something...

mx6er2587

eh 4 hours isn't really that bad. I can also just stay at my parents place afterwards. Hell I could tell them I'm coming to visit them and they'd probably pay for my gas too :p

LegacyofDan

haha i guess u r done with it...but for u buddy its going kinda sucky since i ur entire drive consists of turnpike...and it feels never ending...atleast thats what it felt for me when i drove up there and back...the turnpike just never ended lol...and then 4 hours later boom home. lol. the toll sux too :(...i think it was like 16 bucks or something... :( ...jeez mx6 why do u have to live so far away in the same state lmao

Mafix

i say we do it! looks like the sonic/french is a good meet
i can meet all rockville guys in york and we can cruise out there.
sunday would be great. we could get together at 11am and chill/cruise/pics till 3 or 4 and then call it a day. now we just need a weekend.

LegacyofDan

haha awesome, well if everyone is down with it guess then its a plan! lol

but like u said, finding a (DRY) weekend is the next challenge, this weekend is too short notice, even for me...

and i would say the weekend after that, but i have learned the further in advance u plan the better lol

so how does the 23rd sound? i will talk to the ppl at Sonic, make sure that they will not be d-bag, french creek will be fine with it, since its public park, so long as we are not being d-bags and racing and reving the piss out of our cars, french creek will be chill

haha btw, since i'm lame, i will even take pics of the correct exit to take off from the turnpike, since i take the turnpike home from work every effing day lol, and i will snag one of sonic...but french creek is alil bit out of the way...figure we can meet at sonic first and then head out to french creek, since there are all sort of lil roads just to drive around aimlessly, sorta up to everyone and what you guys want todo :)

mx6er2587

Turbo Lean":hy5fl6vy said:
u guys can count me in! I love driving in PA. I meet in PA would be relaxing for me.

thats becuase the only thing worse then pa cops are jersey cops.

the 23rd sounds good to me. If I'm right in my diagnosis of the trac it will be up and running again monday, so thats plenty of time to get the last few kinks worked out.

On the off chance the tracs not running I'll probably still show up but with a super awesome mint green 2.0L auto Sentra. :doh:

LegacyofDan

mx6er2587":39735sna said:
Turbo Lean":39735sna said:
u guys can count me in! I love driving in PA. I meet in PA would be relaxing for me.

thats becuase the only thing worse then pa cops are jersey cops.

the 23rd sounds good to me. If I'm right in my diagnosis of the trac it will be up and running again monday, so thats plenty of time to get the last few kinks worked out.

On the off chance the tracs not running I'll probably still show up but with a super awesome mint green 2.0L auto Sentra. :doh:

actually i think new york recruits only SS/Gestapo(nazi police) i got my first ticket in new york...in the pulsar no less...lol...but yeah new york cops around the Albany area are the worse in my opinion :)...tho there is no denying the fact that jersey cops suck hardcore. :roll:

but thats good to hear, tho hopefully we can get more tracs than just DD's lol...but mines up and going just needs special attention at the moment, consult my build thread for details lol...but alot of should be taken care of this weekend

everyone else okay with the 23rd?hope its doesnt rain then...

but so far we have:

-LegacyofDan
-Mafix
-Mx6er(bunch of numbers)
-Turbo Lean

anyone else?

Wicked Toys

I am good with the Idea, and been wanting a PA meet. But can't say for sure I can make it until the time gets closer. But i'll try.

Working in the car business really hurts plan making.

siralys

Wow I'm down, I'm picking up my alltrac this weekend and should have it insured/registered and on the road by then!

Fox 21 Alpha

Won't have my alltrac by then, and not sure I can make it, but hell I'll show up just to see some cool stuff none the less if I can (Maybe somone likes 83 Celicas? Lol)

LegacyofDan

awesome guys! i was really busy yesterday, hense the reason reasons why didnt the pics up like i promised...but rest assured its an easy drive so long as u can get to the turnpike

here is the address for the sonic:
850 Crossings Blvd
Morgantown, PA 19520

and u can just google french creek, since what i'm thinking is we all meet up at sonic and then go from there

i should b stopping by sonic later today to make sure its alright with them, i talked to a few of my friends and they were like yeah it should be alright but best talk to them to be sure