ST165 FMIC

GT4_CR

Hi there. Is it possible that those that did the FMIC conversion on a ST165 post their pics for the bumper mod so I can get ideas of what fits the best. Im gonna have to cut some since it is a 31x12x3 size.. and im been motivated to put a lip to force air into the IC but i dont wanna mess with the original lines, other than cutting some space. :shrug:

5speedGT4

I can give you some measurements of what will work good behind the stock foglights this weekend. We have a large heat exchanger that is the size of a FMIC in place.... and i can figure out what size FMIC would work if i get time.

What size piping were you planning on using? Are you willing to do a little cutting?

GT4_CR

5speedGT4":1dqd5ej3 said:
I can give you some measurements of what will work good behind the stock foglights this weekend. We have a large heat exchanger that is the size of a FMIC in place.... and i can figure out what size FMIC would work if i get time.

What size piping were you planning on using? Are you willing to do a little cutting?

Yes im willing to cut in the square line that comes next to the fogs and up getting just into the line of the bumper. I believe thats like 3 inches.
My piping is 2,5¨ inches. I will clock the turbo so that I can throw the pipe directly to the intercooler and then I have to choose whether going left or right with the piping into the intake plenum. Havent decided yet. Most of the guys here goes where the battery should be.

GT4_CR

CryoGoblin":1pcf9ktf said:
use search, if im not mistaken didnt someone do this already, and posted it?

And do you think is that of a problem to go over it again. I dont think alltrac. net will go down if we get fresh ideas.

Mafix

honestly there has to be 50 pictures and like 20 posts on this. no i really don't think we have to do it again.

GT4_CR

Mafix":26mcgcz9 said:
honestly there has to be 50 pictures and like 20 posts on this. no i really don't think we have to do it again.

Well you dont have to if you dont want to...not even 5speedGT4 has to if he doesnt feel to do it, eventhough he offered me.

CryoGoblin

didnt we also have a post about, telling people if they have questions to PLEASE search, most of the questions have been asked and answered to, :shrug: just my 2 cents

GT4_CR

Ok I hope you guys enjoy yourselves. Wont be posting anymore if I dont feel like theres a community of alltrac lovers that enjoy posting and aswering even the basic stuff, instead of arguing all the time that this and that is posted already. :x

Maybe the forums manners change from country to country and flaming is alright here.

Shortbus

I dont think anyone ws trying to flame you... I think they were pointing you in the right direction by telling you to search. It will bring up everything that was discused before. If you still dont find what you need then ask.

nfn15037

How are pictures going to help you? All it is going to do is kill any creativeness you might have and have you do it the same way someone else did. You are doing custom work, use your imagination and start building!

GT4_CR

nfn15037":1noy3r1x said:
How are pictures going to help you? All it is going to do is kill any creativeness you might have and have you do it the same way someone else did. You are doing custom work, use your imagination and start building!

Your point is valid. My answer is, there are two ways: the rice custom way and the correct body line way. I dont wanna make my car a rice catalogue. I want to do a clean work that fits ST165. In my country there are 3 alltracs known. 2 of them are TMIC. How many are in the US alltrac community.
I dont wanna be creative when there is something proven and well done.

Pd. This discussion sucks. All the posts about not posting anything else on this matter would be better if someone did post something useful. :shrug: Anyway dont bother!

GT4_CR

Gary ST165":2z11c8bp said:

Thanks a lot Gary. Very polite from you. Appreciate it.

GT4_CR

allblackalltrac":1d3cxhz2 said:
CR

Im curious is that measurement 31" from endtank to endtank?

Hmm yes. 31 includes the tank and inlet and outlet... so it should be like 27¨ of cooling area.

Today Im happy. I found a CT26 in perfect conditions from a 7mgte. And when i say perfect conditions.. men wow! Now I have to take a very hard decision on taking the risk to clock it, which im no fan, or going custom manifold or at least a well done flanger that positions the turbo in the right direction. 8)