Calling 3d stuido users! Need help for for 185 concept model

maxaud

that's a sweet model... It's been so long since I used 3dsmax... I don't even know how to do anything anymore... that 2 years of animation was useless I guess.

d1alltrac

thats pretty cool...did you do that from scratch?

can you elaborate on this program a little? like what its intended purpose is and how much it costs, where to get it etc...

hacker_720

I don't think he did that one (I would be super impressed if you did) I was going to say that you can just use the model that I have, but it's the same one (3ds, not lightwave) I think that's the only model of the alltrac, it's the only one that I could find.

The program used to create that model is 3Ds stuido, but if you didn't already know that, then don't start with that program. Start with Rhino3d. www.rhino3d.com, it's much easier to use, they have a demo on their site, allows 30 saves, unlimited time.

I will check tonight to see if rhino will save as lightwave, usally it will convert to a lot of different formats.

CMS-GT4

Someone is converting it for me. Thanks guys.

I planned on modling it myself, but don't have much time. SO i am going to fix this model they have here for free. Then experiemnt with it.

I want to see if I can come up with a good idea for a body kit as well.

omnivore

Does any of the vendors here sell the rally light kit for the hood? Not just the lights, but the pods that blend into the hood too? Also like the roof scoop too. Anyone sell that kind of stuff? It'd be cool to build a replica for the street, but it'd be a real heat score too,LOL

2RM

I bought the scoop from bullitproofperformance It took them 8 mounth to get it and all it is is just the fiberglass shell no vent or anything else and it was in the $300 range so dont buy it from them Try to make your own or try to find it somewhere else

Sifu

I should just model an Alltrac... Maybe after I finish the AE86 and the engine... :p

Oh btw did you get the conversion finished?

CMS-GT4

Sorry, I have not had time. Been busy working on some magazines, toy designs and getting the car running. It will be another month or two before I start on it.

hacker_720

no to thread jack, but I also have been plaing around with this. I want to know what you guys think of just a plain body kit, just a strait one that's black, just to add a bit of a lip to it. This is just my first attempt, I still need to clean it up a lot, but I thought I would share with you. Don't mind the hood, I'm working on it.

celicatest.jpg

CMS-GT4

I was going to borrow a lip off a supra or a SC to see if that looked good. I think there might be some potential.

hacker_720

I just feel it needs to be thicker, like 3" or so. Probably just straight down, and about 1" in from the very outside of the bumper. I was thinking of making it out of sheet metal and painting it black, I don't know if it would be worth it to fiberglass on top of that.

Toxygene

CMS-GT4":12zx0pms said:
Her eis a quick PS of what it might look like.

25q3kabcn8.jpg

That makes it look very Supra-esque.

I have this kit thought I can't wait to get it painted and put on the car:
celica_t18_6.jpg

Except I didn't go with the wing and the rear bumper lip because I didn't like the way it looked. It had the cleanest sides and front lip though.

CMS-GT4

Keep us posted. I have been thinking about just getting the lip myself. I like the rears, but would have to get the single tip version. How much did the kit cost you and how much for shipping?

The top ps idea was from a supra and SC.

Toxygene

CMS-GT4":1jywa5sj said:
Keep us posted. I have been thinking about just getting the lip myself. I like the rears, but would have to get the single tip version. How much did the kit cost you and how much for shipping?

The top ps idea was from a supra and SC.

Let's just say that it was a gift from my European family members and had I known the cost before they asked me, I would never have mentioned it. WAAY too expensive with shipping and everything. I remember hearing something about how much it cost after I got it for my birthday and nearly passing out.:shock: I think alot of it had to do with the way they shipped it though, but I don't have a break down of the shipping cost and purchase cost.