Need FMIC and piping pictures

Anyone who has a FMIC setup please send or post some pictures of your intercooler mounted on your car, and your piping. I am about to start on my own front mount setup and would like to see as many pictures, and all the different routes that you guys used for your piping.

Please let me know all of things you had to move in order to make it all fit nicely.

Also, if you could include the size of your intercooler and piping, as well as what type of piping you used I would really appriciate it.

My email is joshgt4@msn.com, thanks for any help you provide.

jlcelica

eb_12_s.JPG

my IC pipes are 2 1/4-1/2 inch mild steel if i remember right. the turbo is facing the opposite direction and clocked down .I think my ic is 26x3x7 , but i don't quote me.

Zeus

Your turbo is on backwards :p

Interesting set up... too bad my abs is there otherwise it looks like a nice way to set things up

what else consists of your set up... what engine management are you using... Did you make that manifold?

jlcelica

Zeus : I'm runnxing an SDS EMS with a 3bar MAP,GM coils, RC550cc injectors, Greddy Profec-B spec I , Walbro fuel pump, Greddy BOV. I didn't make the manifold, the fabricator that redid my IC pipes did it.

bOOst: i lost all the pictures on my old computer sorry. When i take the manifold off to get it coated i'll take a picture.

gt_turbo: your right with the wastegate plumbed back into the downpipe . Kinda strange looking when i first saw it but it works.

The setup works pretty well , i took about a 1 1/2 ft of ICF pipe from the old setup . :D
*edit*
my IC core is 30x3x9

I like your setup man, very nice. I don't think that way will work for me though since I'm keeping my ABS and A/C. Thanks for the pictures though. How much was your custom exhaust manifold btw,if you don't mind me asking :wink:

jlcelica

it was like $550-650 if i remember right . It was a little more because of the way it was designed and the external wastegate option. If i had wanted a simple short runner manifold for running a turbo with an internal wastegate it would have been like $350-450 .

This way i don't have to run the cool side of the IC pipes over the top of the exhaust manifold/heat shield or the hot side past the downpipe. :D And if i decide to pull the engine out and put in a rolla or another RWD car the turbo and downpipe are facing the right way :wink:

That's awesome. I may look into trying to fix an arrangement like that for my car when I go with an external wastegate.

Does anyone else have some pictures of their setups? I mainly just need help with sizing the pipes.

furpo

jlcelica":2agb1o6h said:
eb_12_s.JPG

my IC pipes are 2 1/4-1/2 inch mild steel if i remember right. the turbo is facing the opposite direction and clocked down .I think my ic is 26x3x7 , but i don't quote me.

what intake manifold is this? it does not look like the gem 2 one.

roger

ChrisD

Here's a friend's setup. Personally I'd clock the turbo downwards and then use a side feed intake manifold and go out similar to this one. On his he had to cut out a hole on the side of the engine bay to fit the pipes through. This is with the stock bumper though.

meet1.jpg

Showkemp":3gogomfc said:
Fensport setup:
Tony%27s-Engine.jpg

I think I'll do like this. 8)

That is an awesome setup. Do you have a larger picture of that? Or better yet, do you know who's car that is? I would like to talk to them about it a little. That looks very nice.

Gary

chris_dittrick":2mj1j43d said:
Personally I'd clock the turbo downwards and then use a side feed intake manifold and go out similar to this one.
^^^^^
My favorite too. Just like Pat's setup.