ST205 Brakes

SuperWhite92

I bought some ST205 Brakes from a friend who gave me a killer deal on them, since he got them with his clip and didn't want to use them. I'll let you know when I get them on, but I'm not going to use the method that everyone else does to mount them.

I don't want to lose that extra inch-ish of brake rotor, so I'm going to have a mounting bracket made to reposition the caliper outward.

Now to find wheels to clear these suckers.

ST205BrakesSmall1.jpg

And a skateboard wheel for size comparison purposes.

ST205BrakesSmall2.jpg

Denver_whiteST185

Conan":370mfo4s said:
Denver_whiteST185":370mfo4s said:
damn shaun, how big are those? do you think they will fit under 16's?
315mm, nothing special :) ST205 comes with 16" stock.

Then i want a set cause im getting 16's. and 315's are better than 277's. Rocketter's are only 325's and they promise 35% better braking.

SuperWhite92

I don't want to say how much I paid for these, you'd all be jealous. Benefits of being friends with the seller.

These are gonna take one heck of a 16" to clear. Team Dynamics is checking to see if they know if any of their 16's clear them. If not, it's enkei 17" time, as much as I dislike 17's on this car.

SuperWhite92

The rear is a direct bolt on. The front is the problem

Most people like to machine the diameter of the rotors down to 300mm, so that the stock mounting points work with the 205 calipers. Then the issue is to get the disc clear of the lower ball joint, and then to get the caliper centered on the disc.

I want to keep that 1/2" for both cool factor and the additional surface area on the disc.

I'm thinking a kit like this (It should be everything needed to bolt it all up, you provide fluid, etc) :

--30mm Bracket to relocate the caliper outwards to the correct location, as well and 1mm outwards, to center the caliper.
--4mm disc spacer to help the disc clear the lower ball joint.
--2 Stainless braided lines made for the 185 with 205 brakes. Probably goodridge parts.
-- The bolts and nuts to mount the caliper to the bracket, as well as the bracket to the hub.

However, I need some money to get going, as well as wheels to clear them, so my car will be the project car. Give me a few months, and I'll be happy to put together kits for everyone. If anyone has a spare hub they'd be willing to donate, I can get this going right away, with measurements and machining but I'd need somebody to test fit it. I'd take money off the kit for whoever provided the hub.

Hic

i made brackets for st205 calipers which uses 325mm*30mm disc from subaru impreza STi. It works great! anybody interested? You can mouth that yourself in no time. Only need brackets, 4 bolts, and discs, it clears everything without any spacers, maximum safety as brackets are made from inox.

this is the picture

http://i2.tinypic.com/sm7qqu.jpg

Thats awesome!! sti rotors are all over ebay. but there is the issue of getting the st205 calipers :( . however i do know fensport sells used parts from the st205. but shipping might be a bit expensive

SuperWhite92

Hic":d1hts3ub said:
i made brackets for st205 calipers which uses 325mm*30mm disc from subaru impreza STi. It works great! anybody interested? You can mouth that yourself in no time. Only need brackets, 4 bolts, and discs, it clears everything without any spacers, maximum safety as brackets are made from inox.

this is the picture

I really like that. In the picture, is the caliper rotated downwards to clear the OEM mounting points?

Denver_whiteST185

hey, when i was talking to Shawn at work, he said that you were trying to get Top Secret to make a huge big brake kit with 6/8 piston calipers for your car. what happened to that?

SuperWhite92

Denver_whiteST185":3e3coax8 said:
hey, when i was talking to Shawn at work, he said that you were trying to get Top Secret to make a huge big brake kit with 6/8 piston calipers for your car. what happened to that?

Dude, I have no idea, lol. I have Top Secret brake pads coming for my ST185 calipers, but they've gone through many issues in the development process. Hopefully, they'll come through though.

Meurz

Hic":3bhrp2f1 said:

this is the picture

I'm still interested, and still waiting for a price for 2 sets as you may know..?

Hic

I gave the aluminium part to be made from inox. I don't wanna anybody to kill him/herself because of the weak material. Yes, ST205 calipers are rotated slightly down, so you can mount them without problems. I will have price in a 2 days. That's all I know for now.

sikx5

Hic":1axqhpwu said:
I gave the aluminium part to be made from inox. I don't wanna anybody to kill him/herself because of the weak material. Yes, ST205 calipers are rotated slightly down, so you can mount them without problems. I will have price in a 2 days. That's all I know for now.

Im also interested in 1 set. Get back to us when you can mate :)

Where abouts are you located?