Anyone have a transfer case/tranny/rear diff?

CodingParadox

I just blew out a goddamn transfer case today. So, I'm assuming my rear diff is bad as well since this is the second damn transfer case I've blown.

Anyone remotely local have a spare transfer case or transmission (transmission must be in very good condition, or I'll just buy the transfer case off it) to sell me?

Also, anyone have a rear diff to sell since I'm pretty sure I need a new one?..

1sloceli

I have 2 trannies both have a little over 70k on them. Ones from a 90-91 and the other is from a 92. The 92 was well taken care of. I'll give you a 2 for 1 deal real cheap if you want.

acylon

I need a tranny too, and I live by David. What is your 2 for 1 price?

-David,
I know where one is for $175. Its up north of seattle. I was going to buy it for Enzo, but I think I am may just rebuild the one I have instead. The guys number is: 425-308-7627, his name is Derek. Here is the thread about the tranny: http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

Just tell him I said you could buy the tranny instead of me. Let me know if you buy it.
Also, I think its not your rear end causing the breakage. I changed out my rearend last time and did no launches and my transfer just broke on the freeway, just driving along. I think the problem is heat related. I was running syncromesh fluid in the tranny all three times it broke, and never had problems before when I was using 80-90W. I think with more power the thick (toyota recommended) oil and a tranny cooler are necessary.

1sloceli

Price, what ever you guys think is fair. I'm wanting an AEM wideband so a good chunk of what it costs on Ebay would be nice but not necessary.

acylon, I shipped those hubs today. Post office said they would be there in two days and it was less than $11.00.

acylon

I will take the '92 for $125. Do you want me to mail you a bank check, or do you want me to paypal the money? Also, I will be driving up to get the tranny, but it will be next week. :D

1sloceli

If it's durring the week than thats fine but I work the weekend of the 31st. Paypal works best, you can do it from my place if you want to check it out first.

1sloceli

They are both from clips. I was going to swap but sold the first engine. The 92 was from a clip I just bought last month. The 90-91 had 114,000 kms and the 92 had 120,000 kms.

CodingParadox

Okay, then I'm gonna pick that other one up off you, and hope James can bring it down with him when he grabs that one. Otherwise I'll just have to come up myself at some point. =)

acylon

yeah, I would grab the other one for you David, just get me the $100. I will go up there sometime next week.
Sweet- we get tranny's :D

1sloceli

Just let me know what the deal is. I can/will meet you in Poulsbo which is were the 90-91 is located, its another 20 min to my place after that. The 90-91 has the starter, slave cyl, mount brackets and clutch lines, the 92 is only the tranny.

If you do end up needing a diff I have one but its still at the place where I bought the second clip. That I will also let go for cheep the only stipulation is you have to take the whole rear i.e. sub frame control arms ect. if it is lsd then the price will go up a little.