FMIC in ST165

BoostJunkee

I know the ST165 has a top mount liquid intercooler.

Does anyone make a front mount piping kit for these?

What dimension FMIC is typically used when changing it over?

HP/TQ gains to be expected?

Wiser to stick with the top mount?

Maloy

you can get a universal one and fit it up, pretty simple. check out 935motorsports.com they will have one for sure.

BoostJunkee

well if i decide to pipe out a kit, i could always do a custom coach, they do custom dimensions and what not, and if I did the piping, I would probably make 4 or 5, and sell off the extras, I am sure there are a few people here who would like one. :)

Gary

Sorry if I offend you Matt. :(
I've seen pictures of FMIC on ST165 before but I've yet seen it in detail.
I thought that you have done it that's why I asked if you can post some pics.

Maloy

iv actually been thinking the same thing, but iv seen that a company called aeroform that makes a front bumper for the 165 that would probably fit a fmic pretty nice. otherwise you would pretty much have to take out the air conditioning.

MLracing

here's my setup:
fmic1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

6d3f3010.jpg

80aec05b.jpg

4890473b.jpg

fmic2.jpg

e3541fe7.jpg

a2a72c6c.jpg

bil002.jpg

BoostJunkee

nice setup, what kinda gains did you see out of that.

ps- what about the inlet, where is your filter and Mass Airflow Sensor? Does that pipe get in its way?

also, can you supply a list of how many of each degree bend you used, and how much straight pipe you used? also what are your intercooler dimensions? does it fit inside the stock bumper? did you have to modify it?

Gary

BoostJunkee":2cqj6p5m said:
ps- what about the inlet, where is your filter and Mass Airflow Sensor? Does that pipe get in its way?

does it fit inside the stock bumper? did you have to modify it?

Look at the last three pictures. :wink:

BoostJunkee

Gary":11q292qn said:
BoostJunkee":11q292qn said:

does it fit inside the stock bumper? did you have to modify it?

Look at the last three pictures. :wink:

ok so I still want to know the intercooler dimensions, is that the intercooler hanging down that far?!

mtbgael

Little room? I have the front end off while I'm working on fixing the damage my car had at purchase. I removed the A/C condensor, and I could fit a 6" thick core back in there! Come to think of it, I just might :wink:

Kyoto

Prolly a tall ask i know, but is it possible to fit a core with a smaller surface area so that the foglights may be retained? When i put on my new turbo the only thing holding me back from making more power is a more efficient intercooler, but i don't want to have to lose the foggies. Removing the A/C is also not an option as i live in Australia where it can get pretty hot sometimes...

saved_1992

you could upgrade to a 185 rc intercooler or a 205 intercooler, but you will have to upgrade to the 185 exhaust manifold

Kyoto

I've gotta upgrade the 185 manifold anyway to mount my CT20B so i might track down one of those two options. Prolly the CS one, but i have a feeling its going to be mighty hard to come by. Pity though, turbo cars look so damn tough with front mounts. Really completes the look.

88Allheeze

Im workin on my FMIC setup for my st165, its a little bit more hidden than the red AT with the IC damn near hitting the ground. I got my 12x12x3" FMIC mounted between the bumper and radiator tucked up all nice.. pictures comming soon!