2006 Alltrac Tail of the Dragon Meet (All coast meet)

CMS-GT4

I figured if we don't start trying to plan this now and start getting the details worked out, it will never happen.

Many car groups from around the country have meets here. So there is no reason west coast people can't make it out. It is a great road. They tend to focus on the Dragon and pass up the skyway which is 1) less traveled, and 2) better condition. The skyway has long sweepers while the dragon is a nervous set of neverending left and rights.

So here is the dragon.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

The great thing is both roads are connected. Running them together sets up about an 3-4 hour cruise with plenty of stops to take pics. Its a fun drive and lots of nice scenery.

We can meet in Sweet Water, TN and fuel-up then head in to the Skyway followed by the dragon.

By planning now we can figure out when to meet and avoid other meets and get hotels situated.

E_Knight

well well looks like my car is back up! New clutch gives new life to the car. Next few things on my list im lookin for is EVo fmic or similar, and the water jets to cool it down. I am up for this, but It needs to be spring because I really dont want to risk snow going up there.

Keep me posted!

U will need to have your celica back up and running tho!!! haha

Chai

Hey tail of the dragon looks great.

I see twisty roads and I like twisty roads :D keep me updated

CMS-GT4

Spring. Trying to locate the ones who came up with the idea so we can figure out a definate weekend.

3sgtenavyman

I thought I replyed to this but any way

I am game but i need to get my car runnin and i cant make it till the end of spring

Joanthan, Phily PA, or Lincoln, NE

CMS-GT4

I went up there yesterday, off season, was a warm day and no cars. Thought I video'ed my run, but the camera turned off. :x

Almost no cars in my way the whole run.

By the time I get this all together I should have a nice run planned out. Should take several hours to cover everything. Lots of nice roads to take alltracs on and take pics.

E_Knight

We have to remember, alot of us will be driving for 4 or more hours to get there. I would rather hang out and cruise one day rather than be in the car, but thats just me after driving to get there. I really wish I could have made the autocross this year. But I think the cruise/meet should be around the time of another autox up there!

CMS-GT4

Good point. Mahaps too much driving is bad. On a clear day, the dragon can be done both ways in less than an hour. Maybe we can make it into one long sweep from the skyway to the dragon with some break points. I can go up there to servey a map for best course. Might take 3 hours total taing breaks along the way. I will also look at the autox schedule. I didn't go to the last one. I had to work.

3sgtenavyman

update on my alltrac

Got the motor back from the machine shop just waiting to make some money to get gaskets and what not

should be good to go at the end of spring

Jonathan Lincoln,NE/ Horsham, PA

rallyst185

I am down for a turn or two from the Dragon. I used to hit that and road 32 in TN for a thrill in the ae86. Good times, good times!
keep posting
thanks
Brandon

CMS-GT4

I would still like for this meet to happen. It looks like a larger meet is going one elsewhere, but the dragon is at least worth a small gathering of alltracs.