Fireball Fabrications 3" ST165 / ST185 midpipes

Greg_Canada

Hi guys, i'm in the middle of of pieceing some midpipes together, now, if you don't have any money, keep looking for the mythical $250 stainless high quality midpipe. Now that that's over with, i'm working on a solution (high quality, stainless, etc.)

Here are some prototype pictures (still working on it as you can see)
Full.jpg
front.jpg

and specs:
Toyota Celica Alltrac Midpipe / B-pipe - 3" Diameter Stainless Steel
- Fits 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992 & 1993 Toyota Celica Alltrac, GTFOUR, GT4, All-trac, Turbo 4WD, ST185, ST165
- Fully TIG welded SS304L Stainless steel with true mandrel bends
- 3" stainless flex (with inner liner) section to avoid cracking
- 3/8" thick stainless flanges, bolts to stock or aftermarket exhaust
- Includes high quality gaskets and hardware for easy install
- Fits on stock hangers and above suspension crossmember
- Fits over stock swaybar and should fit most aftermarket bars
- Electropolished for extra corrosion resistance and good looks (will last longer than your car)
- Cat option (for those so inclined)

Group buy price will be $500 USD if i can get atleast 10 orders. If not, price will be $535 USD each. (i can save on parts when i buy in quantity). I will not be taking orders until i have a 100% prototype that i can show off. I'm just trying to gauge interest on how many i'm going to need to build. Either post here or PM me. Remember this is not chinese crap, it's US / Canada stainless, no foreign garbage, materials and time aren't cheap (and profit margin is very low) but i need one done so i figured some other people would as well. I'll sell one locally for a discounted price as well if we can test fit on your car (testing on 2 'tracs is better than one) for anyone local (mississauga / GTA).

Cheers,
Greg

(will post with updated pics when we get to that stage)

http://fireballfabrications.com/ (website in construction)

klue

Greg,
GREAT work getting on this one. Price is excellent.
If you need a modified st165 to test fit your welcome to use mine. You should post this up on
prydeauto.com

you could get a st205, st185 from there for sure.

darthripley

That looks just as nice as the Aussie 3" MP I was lucky enough to get several years ago.
The price point is reasonable as well - if I needed one I would certainly pick it up from you.
Good job on getting it made up.

Any chance you might be able to make SS cooling panels for a ST185?
I just had to ask (it's one of those things for me lol) - I understand if you don't have the capabilities for it.

Greg_Canada

darthripley":3cfmmwkb said:
That looks just as nice as the Aussie 3" MP I was lucky enough to get several years ago.
The price point is reasonable as well - if I needed one I would certainly pick it up from you.
Good job on getting it made up.

Any chance you might be able to make SS cooling panels for a ST185?
I just had to ask (it's one of those things for me lol) - I understand if you don't have the capabilities for it.
Are you talking about a replacement for the plastic panel when you open the hood? If you send me pics of one (or a few) you like, i'm sure i can bend one up and see what it would cost to make. I don't really know what style people like but i can make pretty much anything (waterjet cutters are awesome).

Everyone else... i have a few other people interested, i'll post up a list when i get to that point, just gauging interest ATM. This week is a short week (Canada day) so hopefully i get the pipe back from electropolishing next week.

Greg

darthripley

Greg_Canada":36iafxch said:
Are you talking about a replacement for the plastic panel when you open the hood? If you send me pics of one (or a few) you like, i'm sure i can bend one up and see what it would cost to make. I don't really know what style people like but i can make pretty much anything (waterjet cutters are awesome).

Yes, the plastic panel that covers up the A/C stuff, horns etc - right where the hood latch is.
I'll PM with pics & more info so as not to clutter this thread anymore.

Project4

I'm in for 1 w/ cat, if available - plus need estimate shipping cost.......I'm in cali (smog check every 2 year) :(

Greg_Canada

Update, Pipe was sent out for electropolishing on friday, should have it back tuesday for final test fit, then i can start placing orders.
Will post up pics when it's done.

Greg

alltrac.net

:shock:

Beautiful work! Keep it up!

I would consider becoming a vendor here. The price is minimal. Otherwise, some of your promoting may become limited. PM for details.

Greg_Canada

Ok so the first one is done, have to pick it up from the polisher and give it a test run for rattles. Will post pics when i get it.
Greg

Greg_Canada

Argh sorry guys, i was on vacation out in vancouver since July, just got in last night. I'm bugging my fabricator and parts suppliers to see how soon i can get stuff. I'll try to get some good pics up tonight. (projects always take longer than you plan)

athousandleaves

I'll volunteer to be your 2nd local car!!!
:D

Also - Just a thought - not sure if it would be possible but could the flex section be made removable for easier future replacement? Maybe by using those heavy duty V-Band clamps that people run on BOV's & intake systems.
I've found that the weave of the mesh hangs on to any salt/water debris that it can and rots out super fast.

Greg_Canada

athousandleaves":2u9wxjex said:
I'll volunteer to be your 2nd local car!!!
:D

Also - Just a thought - not sure if it would be possible but could the flex section be made removable for easier future replacement? Maybe by using those heavy duty V-Band clamps that people run on BOV's & intake systems.
I've found that the weave of the mesh hangs on to any salt/water debris that it can and rots out super fast.
V-bands are about 65 each (needs two) and i'm scard of it getting smashed by anything.
The flex is full stainless with inner braiding so you dont have to worry about it rusting, and the inner liner makes it alot tougher than a standard flex. I'm pretty confident that it will last alot longer than the stock mild steel flexpipes. Thanks for the ideas tho.
The other problem with that, is the midpipe "torques" the catback into position (when you take off the midpipe the catback rests on the crossmember) (more apparent with a HKS / aussie catback) and i'm not sure the v-band can keep the pipe in the correct position the way it connects (i think it would have a tendancy to spin). On an easy application i'd love to run v-bands (like on my truck) but i don't think it will work for this application....

I'll bring the prototype with me to the meet on saturday so everyone can have a look-see. 8)